Monday, May 16, 2011

Food is love. For real.

5-16-11

Hello nurse! Did I have some good eats today! For starters, we had our first official day in the classroom. We had some presentations on AgroParisTech, French culture, Penn State, and then we gave our student presentations from the end of the semester. The project that Kendra, Zach, and I gave was very well recieved. We spoke to our American group as well as the French host professors and the three other international students who are tagging along with the program. Maria is from Mexico, studying Physics and Math with aspirations of working in sustainable agriculture. Anna is an Ag Econ grad student from Russia studying in Germany with organic interests. And Katarina is an Ag Econd grad student from Italy studying in Germany as well. Our new friends were very nice.

A few of us did some shopping in our free time after class and before dinner. We found a pastry shop, and I found meringe cookies!! Finally!! I knew they had to be here somewhere! Man, was that good. It was a meringe cookie filled with melted toffee bits. MmmMmmm. So good. We did a little shopping and then our professors treated us to a magnificent dinner!

[<-- Kendra and Grace]


Six courses, four hours, 33 euros a pop. This was high dining. Our professors footed the bill as a gift to us students as well. I can't begin to tell you everything I ate, but I know I was full to bursting by the end. The food was amazing and the stories we told were great. Such a relaxing time with friends. I really enjoyed dinner and definitely appreciated how well our professors treated us. Tonight was so much fun! :]

1 comment:

  1. I love the long leisurely dinners Europeans eat. Americans eat way too fast for my liking. So cool that you are experiencing all of this.

    More photos of you please.

    ReplyDelete